Barbara Tocker Ross
Barbara Tocker Ross is an attorney with Poskus & Klein, P.C. Prior to joining the firm in January 2023, Barbara worked with the firm of Susan R. Harris & Associates, LLC for sixteen years. Barbara's practice has focused on probate, estate and trust administration, estate planning, and charitable giving.
As a believer in the power of knowledge and the value of shared information, Barbara strives to educate her clients, and to provide counsel that eases the stress of challenging decisions and family situations.
Barbara earned her Master of Laws in Taxation from the Graduate Tax Program at the University of Denver. She earned her J.D. degree from the Dickinson School of Law, Pennsylvania State University, where she was the Comments Editor of the Dickinson Journal of International Law. Barbara received her B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration), Cum Laude, from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
Barbara is a member of the Colorado Bar Association's Trust and Estate Section and the Denver Bar Association. Also, Barbara has been a long-time member of the Women's Estate Planning Council and has served on its Board.
In support of the MS Society and the Alzheimer's Association, Barbara has participated in various fundraising walks. For many years, Barbara volunteered for Rock the Earth, a nonprofit environmental advocacy organization.
Barbara grew up in New Jersey and lived in Pennsylvania for ten years after law school. As an outdoor enthusiast, Barbara was drawn to the mountains and moved to Colorado with her husband in 2004. Barbara enjoys skiing, snowshoeing, biking, hiking, and live music with her husband and son. She also enjoys walks with her dogs (a Black Lab-Beagle mix and a Pembroke Welsh Corgi).
Areas Of Practice
- Estate Administration
- Trust Administration
- Estate Planning
- Charitable Giving
- Colorado, 2005
- Pennsylvania, 1996
- New Jersey, 1996
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1995
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- LL.M. - 2009
- Major: Taxation
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts
- B.B.A. - 1992
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: General Business & Finance
- Minor: Spanish
- Marital Agreements, Chapter 36 Orange Book Handbook: Colorado Estate Planning Handbook, Seventh Ed., CLE in Colo., Inc., 2017-2022
- Marital Agreements, Chapter 30 Orange Book Handbook: Colorado Estate Planning Handbook, Sixth Ed., CLE in Colo., Inc., 2016
- Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax Strategies and Techniques, Chapter 41, Orange Book Handbook: Colorado Estate Planning Handbook, Sixth Edition, co-author 2012-2015
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association, Trust and Estate Section
- Women’s Estate Planning Council, President (2014-2015), Board Member (2012-2018)